The Valbrona performance breastplate is a great choice no matter what your discipline. Crafted from the finest Italian leather, making it strong yet supple from the very first use. Part elasticated sides improve comfort and provide less restriction around the shoulders.
This breastplate is fitted through the girth straps (underneath the saddle flap) on either side as well as to the girth itself between the legs. Easily adjusted at the wither, shoulder and girth so that you can optimise the fit to suit your horse’s individual needs. Removable running martingale/neck straps can be used to help keep your horses head at a controllable height. Top quality stainless steel buckles, clips and fixtures give this performance breastplate a professional finish, perfect for everyday or competition use.
Why use horse breastplates?
Breastplates are commonly used to help keep your saddle in the correct place and prevent it from slipping back. They distribute pressure evenly over the withers and chest causing minimal discomfort for your horse. This breastplate has removable running martingale/neck straps which can be threaded through the reins and used to help prevent your horse from raising its head too much.
Horse Breastplate: Key features...
- Italian leather performance breastplate with running martingale/neck strap attachments (removable)
- Part elasticated sides provide increased comfort and less restriction
- Attaches to girth straps underneath saddle flap on either side via webbed loops
- Attaches to girth between legs (with or without clip)
- Luxury padded wither piece
- Adjustable using buckles at wither, shoulder and girth